In 1988, Berkley Mitchell had a vision to create a membership club celebrating award-winning Virginia wine each month. Berkley passed this torch to us is 2002, and we have enjoyed growing the club more than 50% over the past ten years. During this time our members have questioned, time after time, where the oldest, most expensive and most rare Virginia wine exists. You asked us to provide you access, and we followed through.
Introducing The Cellar Reserve.
The Cellar Reserve leverages our twenty-three year relationship with the very best wine producers in Virginia to bring you wines that will have the following characteristics:
- Priced over $25 per bottle retail
- Not available for retail purchase
- Not available in tasting rooms
- Old vintages
- Single barrel production
These hand selected wines will be packaged each quarter, for $100 per shipment. The shipment will include:
- Three bottles of the Very Best of Virginia Wine. It will be a mixture of Red and White, but there will be an emphasis on Reds
- The Cellar Journal. This publication provides a comprehensive look at each wine, recipes to pair, winemaker interviews and a insider’s snap shot of current “comings and goings” of the VA Wine Industry